Judging – Sunday, September 18 th , 2022 commencing at 12:30
Director: Bill Jackson (905) 843-1236 Cell (647) 990-2967 Entries: Send to Central Ontario Angus Association – c/o Katelyn Walker (secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Regulations
- All general rules of the Region of Peel Agricultural Society apply and all exhibitors must be members of the Region of Peel Agricultural Society. ($5.00)
- All animals should be on the grounds by 9:00 a.m. and must remain until 4:00 p.m. but all cattle must be out of the barn by 6:00 p.m. on the day of the show.
- All exhibits must be owned and registered in the name of the exhibitor with Canadian Angus Registration. Note exceptions in the Get of Sire and Breeder’s Herd Classes. ENTRIES WITH REGISTRATIONS PENDING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- All animals must be legibly tattooed. Tattoos will be checked. If a tattoo is illegible or does not correspond to the tattoo number on the Certificate of Registration, the animal is not eligible to show and must be removed from the barn. No exceptions – this rule will be adhered to.
- An exhibitor is not required to list the names and number of animals comprising a herd or group at the time of making entry, but must give such information to the designated official of the Central Ontario Angus Club concerned with the checking of registration certificates before the commencement of the judging of the herd group.
- A bull over one year of age, without a ring in his nose, may be barred from showing.
- Tampering With Cattle: Unethical fitting of cattle for competition is prohibited. All cattle entered for competition shall be presented in the judging ring in their natural conformation and with no preparation other than natural feeding and fitting, with the exception of any treatment of hair and hoofs. No additional hair or any other foreign substances will be allowed with the exception of switches.
- In making entries, the owner’s name and address in full, the exact age of the animal, its name, registration number, names of dam and sire, and name of breeder, must be given on the entry sheet. The birth date of the calf must be show on the entry from and as well all 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2022 born entries must be tagged with “Angus” RFID tag.
- An animal owned jointly by more than one individual, firm or corporation, must be registered in the name of such owners jointly, and when shown in a single section must be entered in the name of the registered joint owner; but such an animal must form part of a herd exhibited by any one of the registered joint owners. Any of the joint owners may use the animal if eligible in a group entry.
- Only animals winning first or second prizes are eligible to compete for championship prizes.
- Animals will be judged at 12:30 p.m. on September 18 th , 2022. Exhibitors will govern themselves by the schedule without further notice. Cattle not in place at stated time will not be judged.
- Administration fee is $10.00 per entry. Entries close September 2 nd , 2022. Late entry fee is $50.00 per animal. No charge for group classes but they must be listed on entry form. No refund of entry fee. Upon arrival at show exhibitors must check in with secretary to verify their entry.
- Substitution of entries within the same class and same owner will be permitted. All substitutions must be made by 9:30 p.m. September 8 th , 2022 with the Show Secretary.
- All exhibitors must have their own liability insurance and should be prepared to show proof when asked. Every Exhibitor must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement.
- There is no limit to number of entries per exhibitor.
- Exhibitors are to wear a Black Angus Show vet or a Black vest with white shirt.
- This is an aerosol and paint free show.
- Every exhibitor must sign an EXHIBITOR AGREEMENT which must be submitted with your entry. By signing this form, you are agreeing to abide by these rules and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- All exhibitors must be in good standing with Central Ontario Angus.
- Agriculture Rules & Regulations
- Section 2 – Light Harness Show
- Section 3 – Heavy Horse Show
- Section 4 – Welsh Pony Show
- Section 5 – Sport Pony Show
- Section 8 – Open 4H Dairy Show
- Section 9 – 4H Dairy Achievement Program – Brampton Dairy Club
- Section 13 – Angus Preview Gold Show
- Section 16 – 20 – Sheep Show
- Section 21 – Poultry Show
- Section 23 – Pigeons
- Section 26 – Hay and Grain
Rosettes will be award to third place. Banners will be awarded to all division Champions, Reserve Champions, the Grand Champions and Reserve Champions and Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor. Prize Money will be awarded by the Region of Peel Agricultural society less a deduction of 20% entry fee. Classes will be split if numbers warrant. Prize money will be paid to five places with splits receiving full prize money.
Classes 1 to 12 – 1 st – $65.00, 2nd – $60.00, 3rd – $50.00, 4th – $40.00, 5th – $35.00
Championship Classes – Ribbons only
Class: 1. Bull, calf born on or after January 1st , 2022. Minimum of 3 months of age on day of judging. Tagged with “Angus: RFID Tag. Bull Calf Champion & Reserve Bull Calf Champion
2. Bull, yearling born April 1st – December 31st, 2021. Tagged with “Angus” RFID Tag
3. Bull, yearling born January 1st – March 31st, 2021. Tagged with ”Angus” RFID Tag Junior & Reserve Champion Bull 4. Bull, born January 1st – December 31, 2020. Tagged with “Angus” RFID Tag Senior & Reserve Champion Bull
5. Heifer, calf born on or after January 1st , 2022. Minimum of 3 months of age on day of judging. Tagged with “Angus” RFID Tag. Heifer Calf Champion & Reserve Heifer Calf
6. Female, heifer born April 1st – December 31st , 2021. Tagged with “Angus” RFID Tag
7. Female, heifer born January 1st – March 31st, 2021. Tagged with “Angus” RFID Tag Junior & Reserve Junior Heifer Champion
8. Female, born January 1st – December 31st, 2020 with her own 2022 natural, purebred tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in the Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire Classes only. Both must be tagged with “Angus” RFID tag
9. Female, born prior to January 1st, 2019 with her own 2022 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in the Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire classes only. Calf must be tagged with “Angus” RFID tag and cow as well if born in 2013 or later. Senior & Reserve Champion Female
10. Breeder’s Herd – A group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor, both sexes represented, must be exhibited in previous classes. At least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor. Limited to one exhibit per exhibitor, no entry fee must be entered.
11. Get of Sire – A group of 3 animals from the same sire, both sexes represented, at least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor, animals must be shown in previous classes. Limited to one exhibit per exhibitor, no entry fee but must be entered.
12. Progeny of Dam – A group of 2 animals from the same dam, No entry fee but must be entered. Grand Champion Female Grand Champion Bull “SUPREME CHAMPION ANGUS