SHEEP COMPETITION SHOW
Judging to commence at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 15th, 2018
Commitee: Bill Ewles & Lindsay Bebbington
Entry fee - 20% of prize money won
Entries to be in the hands of the office by September 13th, 2018. Mail entries to Region of Peel Agricultural Society, 12942 Heart Lake Road, Caledon, Ontario L7C 2J3. Each exhibitor must pay a $5.00 membership fee to Region of Peel Agricultural Society when entry is made, if not previously paid. All applicable rules and regulations of Brampton Fair shall apply as listed in the general rules and regulations. All animals should be on the grounds by 11:00 a.m. and must remain until 4:30 p.m. The Region of Peel Agricultural Society requires each breed of sheep must have at least three (3) exhibitors and eighteen (18) exhibits shown in the ring to qualify for full prize money, otherwise prize money will be reduced by 50%. In the breeding animals, exhibitors are permitted to make entries as they desire, but may show one entry in each section with the exception that they may show two entries per class to a maximum of two classes of their choice. An exhibitor may not show more than two breeds of sheep.
Note: All entries must be exhibited in the showring to be judged and receive prize money.
SECTION 16 - SUFFOLK SHEEP
SECTION 17 - DORSET SHEEP
SECTION 18 – SOUTHDOWN SHEEP
SECTION 19 – A.O.B. LONG WOOL SHEEP
SECTION 20 – A.O.B. SHORT WOOL SHEEP
Classes for Breeding Animals
- Number of Classifications for Sheep - The following breeds must be shown in short fleece (staple less than 1 inch or 2.50 cm): Dorset, Hampshire, Suffolk at shows that fall between April 1st and October 14th inclusive.
- Classes for Breeding Animals - All exhibits must be owned by and registered in the name of the exhibitor. All animals must be legibly tattooed.
Classes 1 to 6 -- 1st - $47.00, 2nd - $37.00, 3rd - $26.00, 4th - $24.00, 5th - $21.00, 6th - $16.00,
7th - $14.00, 8th - $11.00, 9th - $9.00, 10th - $7.00
Class 7 – 1st - $50.00, 2nd - $30.00, 3rd - $20.00
Class 8 & 9 – Ribbons only
- Ewe – “Yearling” (3rd pair of temporary incisors must be in place) Born & bred in Canada
- Ewe – (first pair of temporary incisors must be in place) Born the property of the exhibitor.
- Ram – “Yearling” – (3rd pair of temporary incisors must be in place)
- Ram – (first pair of temporary incisors must be in place). Born the property of the exhibitor.
- Get of sire (born the property of the exhibitor) - A group of three animals, 1st pair of temporary incisors must be in place, by the same sire. Both sexes may be represented. (Animals must have been shown in previous classes)
- Breeder’s Flock (bred & owned by exhibitor) - A group of four animals. Both sexes to be represented. Each animal in the group must have been exhibited in one of the preceding classes. All animals in a group to be one breed.
- Special – The Ray Clarkson Memorial Trophy – The best breeder’s flock from Section 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20. Breeder’s Flock must be shown in ring to qualify.
- Junior Youth Showmanship – open to any boy or girl 12 years & under as of January 1st of the current year.
- Senior Youth Showmanship – open to any boy or girl 13 to 18 years of age as of January 1st of the current year.