SECTION 34 - JUNIOR BAKING & KITCHEN CRAFT
Convenor: Helen Ziegler 905-792-7963
Associates: Elaine Gray & Shelia Shields
1. All entries must be placed in clear plastic bag with twist ties or zip lock closure.
2. Entry tags must be firmly attached to the outside of the bag.
Classes 1 to 12 – 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00, 4th - $1.00
Specials A & B – prizes as indicated
Age 6 and under
- One decorated ice cream cone to look like a Christmas tree on a 6” plate
- Handmade trail mix in a small jar
- Make a creature out of rice krispie squares on a plate.
- One marshmallow person decorated with edible items on a plate
Age 12 and under
- A nutritious lunch in a container
- Two decorated cookies on a plate - decorations only to be judged
- Three peanut butter cookies on a 6” plate
- Make a log cabin using pretzels on a foil covered cardboard. Size no larger than 9” x 12”
Age 18 and under
- Two decorated cupcakes (decorations only to be judged) – Fair Theme – “Honey Bees & Apple Trees” (can use a cake mix)
- Butter Tarts, no raisins – three on a 6” plate
- Banana chocolate ship muffins – three on a 6” plate
- Carrot Cake loaf – ½ on a 6” plate
- Special: OAAS Plain Chocolate Chip Cookie Competition – No Nuts : This competition is open to youth up to 15 years as of December 31st of the current year. Eight plain chocolate chip cookies, with no nuts, no larger than 3” (6.75 cm) and no smaller than 2” (5 cm). Displayed on a firm, disposable plate. The winner from each fair will be eligible to enter at the District competition in October where separate prize money will be awarded. 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00, 4th - $1.00
- Special: Fleischmann’s Yeast – Beginner Bread “Youth Contest” – Best homemade loaf of white bread using Fleischmann’s yeast. A Fleischmann’s product label as well as recipe used must be attached to the entry tag. 1st - $15.00