SECTION 13 - Angus Gold Preview Show
Sunday, September 15th , 2019
Director: Bill Jackson 905-843-1236
Entries: Judy McDonald, 10293 4th Line, R.R.#5, Milton, Ontario L9T 2X9
Rules and Regulations
1. All general rules of the Region of Peel Agricultural Society apply and all exhibitors must be members of the Region of Peel Agricultural society ($5.00).
2. All animals should be on the grounds by 9:00 a.m. and must remain until 4:00 p.m. but all cattle must be out of the barn by 6:00 p.m. on the day of the show.
3. All exhibits must be owned by and registered in the name of the exhibitor with Canadian Angus Registration. Note exceptions in the Get of Sire and Breeder’s Herd Classes.
ENTRIES WITH REGISTRATIONS PENDING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
4. All animals must be legibly tattooed. Tattoos will be checked. If a tattoo is illegible or does not correspond to the tattoo number on the Certificate of Registration, the animal is not eligible to show and must be removed from the barn. No exceptions – this rule will be adhered to.
5. An exhibitor is not required to list the names and number of animals comprising a herd or group at the time of making entry, but must give such information to the designated official of the Central Ontario Angus Club concerned with the checking of registration certificates before the commencement of the judging of the herd group.
6. Bull over one year of age, without a ring in his nose, may be barred from showing.
7. TAMPERING WITH CATTLE: unethical fitting of cattle for competition is prohibited. All cattle entered for competition shall be presented in the judging ring in their natural conformation and with no preparation other than natural feeding and fitting, with the exception of any treatment of hair and hoofs. No additional hair or any other foreign substances will be allowed with the exception of switches.
8. In making entries, the owner’s name and address in full, the exact age of the animal, its name, registration number, names of dam and sire, and name of breeder, must be given on the entry sheet. The birth date of the calf must be shown on the entry form and as well all 2012, 2013, 2014 ,2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 born entries must tagged with "Angus" RFID tag
9. An animal owned jointly by more than one individual, firm or corporation, must be registered in the name of such owners jointly, and when shown in a single section must be entered in the name of the registered joint owner; but such an animal must form part of a herd exhibited by any one of the registered joint owners. Any of the joint owners may use the animal if eligible in a group entry.
10. Only animals winning first or second prizes are eligible to compete for championship prizes.
11. Animals will be judged at 12:30 PM on September 15th, 2019. Exhibitors will govern themselves by the schedule without further notice. Cattle not in place at stated time will not be judged.
12. Administration fee is $10.00 per entry. Entries close September 3rd, 2019 . Late entry fee is $20.00 per animal. No charge for Group Classes but they must be listed on entry form. No refund of entry fee. Upon arrival at show exhibitors must check in with secretary to verify their entry.
13. Substitution of entries within the same class and same owner will be permitted. All substitutions must be made by 9:30 pm September 9th , 2019 with the Show Secretary.
14. All exhibitors must have their own liability insurance and should be prepared to show proof when asked. Every exhibitor must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement.
15. There is no limit to number of entries per exhibitor
16. Exhibitors are to wear a Black Angus Show vest or a Black vest with white shirt.
17. This is an aerosol and paint free show.
18. Every Exhibitor must sign an EXHIBITOR AGREEMENT which must be submitted with your entry. BY SIGNING this FORM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES & FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
19. All exhibitors must be in good standing with Central Ontario Angus.
Rosettes will be awarded to third place.
Banners will be awarded to all division Champions, Reserve Champions, the Grand Champions and Reserve Champions and Premier Breeder and Premier Exhibitor.
Classes 1 to 12 - 1st - $65.00, 2nd - $60.00, 3rd - $50.00, 4th - $40.00, 5th - $35.00
Championship Classes -- Ribbons only
Class 1: Bull, calf born on or after January 1st, 2019 Minimum of 3 months of age on day of judging. Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Bull Calf Champion & Reserve Bull Calf Champion
Class 2: Bull, yearling born April 1st – December 31st, 2018 Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Class 3: Bull, yearling born January 1st – March 31st, 2018 Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Junior & Reserve Junior Champion Bull
Class 4: Bull, born January 1st - December 31st, 2017 Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Senior & Reserve Senior Champion Bull
Class 5: Heifer, calf born on or after January 1st, 2019 Minimum of 3 months of age on day of judging. Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Heifer Calf Champion & Reserve Heifer Calf
Class 6: Female, heifer born April 1st – December 31st, 2018 Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Class 7: Female, heifer born January 1st – March 31st, 2018 Tagged with "Angus" RFID Tag
Junior & Reserve Junior Heifer Champion
Class 8: Female, born January 1st – December 31st, 2017 with her own 2019 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in the Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire classes only. Both must be tagged with "Angus" RFID tag
Class 9: Female, born prior to January 1st, 2017 with her own 2019 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in the Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire Classes only. Calf must be tagged with "Angus" RFID tag and cow as well if born in 2013 or later
Senior & Reserve Champion Female
Class 10: BREEDER’S HERD
A group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor, both sexes represented, must be exhibited in previous classes. At least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor. Limited to one exhibit per exhibitor, no entry fee but must be entered
CLASS 11: GET OF SIRE
A group of 3 animals from the same sire, both sexes represented, at least one animal must be owned by the exhibitor, animals must be shown in previous classes. Limited to one exhibit per exhibitor, no entry fee but must be entered
CLASS 12: PROGENY OF DAM
A group of 2 animals from the same dam, No entry fee but must be entered
Grand Champion Female
Grand Champion Bull
*SUPREME CHAMPION ANGUS*
Prize money will be awarded by The Region of Peel Agricultural Society less a deduction of 20%. Classes will be split if numbers warrant. Prize money will be paid to five places with splits receiving full prize money. 1st - $65, 2nd -$60, 3rd - $50, 4th -$40 and 5th $35